It’s The Eve.
i heart eves more than the-days.
the anticipation of celebration …
for me, tomorrow, that means the end of “the holidays”. and the feet first launch into the journey.
i’ve been whispering it here and there. feeling it out i reckon. certainly feels like i’ve been gaining incredible support so far.
so i’m doing it.
i reckon i’m gonna have to start SHOUTING IT! …and getting ready for it.
i’ve never felt quite this way about any other pursuit in my life.
On New Year’s Eve 2013, i sat out in my pasture with my husband, my dear sister, and my brother-in-law. I had two wee peeps tucked warmly inside the cabin as we sat around the fire. We chatted, we pledged…well, at least i did. I dedicated 2013 to Optimal Performance. In many ways I feel i lived up to it.
i set goals, and squashed ’em!
- take Betty x-country skiing at least 2x week- check
- 19 sun salutations per day – mostly check
- 5 miles by the time i left Florida – check
- Run from Ring Lake to my house – check
- Sun Salutation for every Boston Marathon bombing victim – check
- Run to Spring Ranch – check
- Run from Jeff and Erica’s to my parents – never tried it
- Ride my bike with the kids to EVR at least 3 times – check
- Ride bike over Togwotee Pass – check
- Ride bike to Lander – check
- 25 push-ups a day – not so much
- 2 pull-ups by Christmas – nope
- Ride bike up Union Pass – check
- Ride bike Mill Rift to Cummins Hill – never attempted
- Have an Art Show – check
- Sell Art – check (what?!?!?!?)
That’s not exactly Optimal Performance – but it is along the path.
Just like La Madre isn’t graceful….but she is growing in grace constantly.
That is simply rebuilding my default.
2 pregnancies and 2 C-sections kinda rocked me. In ways i never dreamed would befell me.
So what was all that Optimal Performance talk? I think it is La Madre’s partner.
I think they are going to intersect at the finish line at Antelope Wells.
i’m just plain ‘ol becki burnett (neidens). affectionately referred to as “Chunk” by my high school coaches, and “tuffi” from my childhood friends. my college buddies referred to me as “the Cold Hearted Snake”. for a while i wore the title of “Boss Lady” and i have no inclination what people call me now….but…
i’m gonna ride my bike.
from Canada to Mexico.
the summer i turn 40 (2016)
Since i’m not hitting my prime until 62, i have no idea where on the spectrum of “performance” this may fall.
My incredible dear friend once gave me advise that I continue to adhere to:
“Sometimes”, she said, “you just have to hold your breath and jump.”
The summer i ride my bike, she will most likely earn her black belt.